Thursday, April 19, 2007

Faith Academy

We were priviledged to speak to the kids at Faith Academy, Gonzales, Louisiana on Wednesday. These kids have gathered coins in their special "cups" and have given tremendously to help the little ones in Africa. It was so cool to be able to tell them what their gifts have done to help change those lives.

The K4 class, led by very apt teacher, Ms. Gordon, put on a play for us: Wilma the Scaredy Spider. The kids spoke their lines clearly and loud enough for the entire audience to hear. The cast was all decked out in bug costumes. SO cute.

Principal, Kirby Veron, and his wife, Lita, took us on the Grand Tour of the school (very impressive) while enroute to our next event: A special day of prayer for Zimbabwe.

On the way there we saw the little K4 class lined up to get their lunch. One of the children called out to me, "Hey! You were at our chapel!" I said, "Yep. That was me!"

So I chatted for a minute with two or three of them. Then I thought I'd just stand in line with them. "I'm hungry too. I think I'll just get some lunch, " I said to just anyone who might be paying attention.

The little girl in line ahead of me turned around and said, "You can't. You aren't in our class."

I smiled as I left the lunch line to catch up with my own "class" who was moving on down the hallway. I wondered to myself if she meant grade K4 or that I was just unqualified to be in K4!

Thanks to Household of Faith and Faith Academy for their strength of prayerful support for Children's Cup.

No comments: