Saturday, November 12, 2005

Behind Every Great Man...




There is an old saying that behind every great man, there's a (great) woman.

This is true for Kevin Donaldson. Only he has three of them.

We knew he was a cool guy, number one at Mission of Mercy. And now I know some of reasons he is that way.

This week I was honored to meet his really lovely wife, Lucy. How warm and friendly she is. It isn't easy to be married to an "itinerant missionary"--how well I know. But there she was by his side as gracious and kind as could be. Quite beautiful, making proud-she-is-his-Kevin smile all the time.

And Glenda. The voice on the telephone. Every successful man has a good right arm. I finally got to meet Glenda, who puts all the right things in the right place at the right time for Kevin's ministry. What a cool lady.

I understand that there is one more woman in his life whom I haven't met--yet. And he talks about her all the time...his precious daughter, Grace.

Maybe some day he'll bring all those ladies to Swaziland to visit us there.

No comments: