Sunday, November 06, 2005

Nice things to think about (Think on these things)

• my husband’s loving arms around me

• seeing the dew drops on the meadow next door from my kitchen window at dawn…

• holding a brand new baby, being in awe of the marvelous creation of God

• being called “Meemaw”

• joy in the midst of a hard place, contentment in the middle of a trial, the peace that passes all understanding…

• dasani

• watching the neighbor’s horse running in his pasture with total abandonment, mane flying in the breeze…

• having a scripture come alive to me when I need it most

• chocolate

• the old hymns: Joy Unspeakable, Showers of Blessing, Changed in the Twinkling of an Eye, He’s Coming Soon, The Lily of the Valley, Homesick for Heaven, Fill My Cup…to name only a few

• playing my marimba while Dave plays his accordian…just for God’s and our own pleasure

• little gifts from the grand kids: dandelions, hugs, love notes, crayoned drawings for the refrigerator door

• four empty seats in the middle--just for me--on that looooong flight overseas

• Bill Gaither’s Homecoming music

Tori, JD, David 3, Kayla, Lincoln, Levi, Vaughn, Monroe, Monet, Trinity, Rhodes, Rhett

• God’s great love for even me

No comments: