Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Colour Your World

This last week my daughter Susan and I were joined by my daughter-in-law Vicki at the Hillsong Women’s Colour Conference in Sydney, Australia.

We were so blessed to be able to attend and get our spirits rejuvenated! Of course we took in a few sights before the opening meeting--even checked the waters for any sign of Nemo and his pals.

We met some awesome folks—and renewed some old acquaintances, among whom are Karyn Barriger (missionary to Peru, wife of Robert) and Leslie Siebeling (former missionary to Kenya; wife of John. They pastor the awesome Life Church in Memphis).

No. I didn’t get pictures of them. Maybe Susan or Vicki did. Aargh. I didn’t.

Anyway, it was one of the most awesome series of meetings I’ve ever been in. Would you believe there was a very special emphasis on Africa!?! Marilyn Skinner, wife of Gary (the Watoto Children’s Choir people, missionaries to Uganda) spoke one service and it was so powerful that had there been an altar call for people feeling called to be missionaries, I’d have been the first one there.

They showed a video called Invisible Children that was so good/sad I’d recommend it to everyone. It's all about the child soldiers in Uganda. Check out invisiblechildren.com.

Following are a few of the photos I remembered to take along the way. (It was really hard to remember to take ‘em because I was so caught up in the events.)

The unique Sydney Opera House









The Bridge. We rode across this famous structure on the train.








The view from Sydney tower was spectacular.









This meal came with a huge prawn sitting on top of the steak--Susan was grossed out by the little black beady eyeballs looking at her.







The critter with the black beady eyeballs









Praise and Worship Hillsong-style








Dave wondered about the estrogen level at this gathering of 17,000 women...








Three very tired women, but extrememly full of God's awesome blessings.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, that is what I call Surf and Turf! I'm heading to the invisible children website right now. Love you Mrs. Jean.

Jamie said...

So, I guess Tori never told you I was a black man trapped inside a wihte man's body huh! lol I like that: Coulor Your World! That is so cool!

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Jean, I haven't gotten to read many blogs in a while, so I have much to catch up on on your blog... and I'm so jealous you got to go to the Coulor conference. I was really hoping to go to that this year. Hopefully we will be in France next year and it will be an easy commute.