Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My Dad

Today at noon, my dad, Harry Kenneth Bougher, Sr. went to be with Jesus.

My dad was the closest thing to the perfect human being that I have ever known. I've missed him already (alzheimers takes your loved one away before they are actually gone). Now I find myself weeping, missing him all over again.

He taught me so much about life. And living.

He was gentle and kind and warm and funny and loving.

I never doubted his love for me, my brothers, my mom, the grandkids, or for Jesus.

I have been blessed to have had him be my dad.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Mrs. Jean!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I know how hard it is because my grandfather passed away six years ago last month of alzheimers, and yes, it does take them away before they are actually gone! I will be praying for you! Let us know if you need anything, okay!

Jamie

Amanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My dad passed away a little over 14 years ago. I still miss him. We are here if you need us. You are in our prayers.

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Jean, I am so sorry to hear about you Father. He sounds like an amazing man and someone who is truly missed. I could only hope my kids could say anything close to how you described your father. What a blessed woman you are... and you seem alot like him.

Cajun Tiger said...

So sorry for your loss. Ya'll will be in my prayers during this difficult time. I look forward to meeting him in heaven one day!

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine the grief involved when a parent dies. Your father sounds like he was an amazing man and you were blessed to have such a great dad. Can't you just hear Jesus saying to him, "Well done, my good and faithful servant"? You will be in my prayers as you grieve and relive the many memories you shared with your dad.

Jean Ohlerking said...

You all are so precious to offer your kind words to help soothe the hurt of my dad's passing.

I'm just so thankful that he's out of his confusion and in heaven with Jesus and the rest of our family.

Heaven will surely be worth it all.