Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 22

This would have been my dad's 93rd birthday.

As my readers know, Dad died in September this year, after suffering from Alzheimers for several years. (A nasty thief of a disease, stealing loved ones before they are gone.)

He was a true Christian in every sense of the word. Not boisterous, but steady. Loyal. Solid. Gentle. Loving, and kind.

In the last months of his life, he was seen by the staff at the care center where he lived, lying on his bed with his arms raised toward heaven, quietly praying and praising God.

They asked my brother if Dad was a pastor. No, but he certainly loved Jesus.

Alzheimers may steal a lot of things from a man, but it can't steal his soul.

"I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands," (Psalm 63;4).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing testimony. I can just see his hands raised now!!!

~anj~ said...

WOW!!!that is stunning!