Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Julie


Check out this blog written by a cool young lady named Julie. She’s a 23-year-old blind dwarf who sings and speaks to audiences about overcoming handicaps.

Her blog is entitled, Little, Blind, and One of a Kind. You can also visit her website,juliezick.com

Here’s a sampling of her Q&A page on her blog:

Q. How do you stay so positive and upbeat when you have so many hard challenges to deal with?
A. I have learned that my joy does not have anything to do with the struggles I deal with. If my happiness depended on my life being free of tough circumstances, I would never be content. You can’t control everything that happens in your life, but you can control your attitude, and your response to what happens to you.


Next time you want to complain because you can’t deal with the stuff coming your way…just remember Julie. She's an awesome example of contentment in Christ.

Oh, you might also enjoy her CD. She and her hero Karen (her mother) will bless you in song.

No comments: