Saturday, July 26, 2008

Reminiscing

It's Dave. He started it. Browsing through the tons of old photos we have in boxes and files and albums. Nothing like an old picture to bring back old memories.

We have ooooed and awwwwwed and laughed and wept at the great experiences we have been allowed in our nearly 50 years of marriage.

Here is one of those moments...

Background is that daughter Susan was born in the Philippines during our first term as missionaries there. We were nearing the time for our first furlough when I took this series of shots of her and made appropriate captions for our newsletter to supporters.


"Only a short time till we go to the States."


"I haven't got a thing to wear!"


"I'll have to get busy and make something new on Mom's sewing machine."


"Then I'll be pretty to meet everyone!"

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute! Levi looks so much like Susan as a baby.

Nancy Holte said...

So, now I know where Levi gets his looks from! Looks like Kristin and I have like minds on this.