Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bud

My big brother, Bud, died Wednesday. Sudden heart attack brought on by medical treatment for a newly found cancer in his body. He knew of the risks.

So my big brother is in heaven.

Right now, as I sit in Mbabane, Swaziland and type these words, the funeral is taking place in Des Moines, Iowa. I didn't get to be there. It really makes me sad to miss it. It will be a great celebration.

I'll post more about him tomorrow. And the next day.

Just wanted to let the world know that my big brother is in heaven now.

I'm so happy for him. So sad for his wife and kids, grandkids, and for me.

I'm so glad he was ready to go.

Harry Kenneth Bougher Jr Oct 6, 1936--Nov 14, 2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean...I'm so sorry for you and your family but happy for Bud! He was promoted ahead of us! He may have thought he wanted to watch another IA game here but he has better seats up there! Bet your mom was glad to see him!

I was there! I found out in time to be there at the funeral. It was SO awesome! God's presence was in His house as we celebrated Bud's life and his going Home!

Tom and Steve still remember their old nickname for me after not using it for 45+ years! Steve even had it in his cell phone after my first name!! I'll never get away from it...they might even call me that in Heaven some day! They blamed it on Bud...said HE started it. I don't think so but he wasn't there to defend his honor.

Met Dan, his wife, and daughter Tori and Tom's wife! So neat to meet them since you gloat over them so much! I can see why!

Jean Ohlerking said...

Angie

Thanks for being there. I so hated to miss the "celebration" but God knows...

Bud DID start the nickname. No kidding.

Boughers are a crazy bunch. I'm proud to be one!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so Bud started it. Just promise me YOU will NEVER call me that or post it ANYwhere!

I WAS/AM blessed to have known/know your family. I only wish I had been around y'all more but seeing the crowd of Boughers there yesterday telling Bud goodbye was a heartwarming sight!