Sunday, November 19, 2006

More Stories About My Big Brother

When I was 14 my dad (and all of us) built a new house on Stanton close to dad's sister, Thelma. I liked to spend a lot of time with Aunt T, who lived two doors down the oiled dirt road. I really didn’t like to stay past dark, but did it once in a while. On this particular evening, I was hurrying home, singing aloud to keep myself from getting scared. I was feeling great relief when I was within 5 or so steps of our driveway, when suddenly Bud jumped up from lying in the ditch, yelling as only he can do. I yelled back and nearly passed out. He gave me his usual big horselaugh as he ran back into the house.

******

When Bud was *Christ Ambassador’s “president” at Central A/G, I was impressed that my big brother had a “favorite” chorus. As he was leading us in P&W one Sunday evening he asked us to sing “Got Any Rivers” stating that it was his favorite.
Got any rivers you think are uncrossable
Got any mountains you can’t tunnel through
God specializes in things thought impossible
And he will do what no other power can do

(*C.A.'s was the youth group name used by all Assemblies of God churches. Do any of my readers remember the words to the C.A. theme song?)

No comments: