Friday, February 23, 2007

My Knight in Shining Armor Part 1


I’ve heard it too often. Now I must speak.

Women, disappointed in their marriages, express their dismay over the outcome of their expectations of their man. “I thought he would be my Knight in Shining Armor, riding on a beautiful steed, coming to sweep me off my feet and take me to his castle where we’d live happily ever after…”

We meet the guy of our dreams; marry him, and then what happened? Was he really a Knight In Shining Armor?

A husband, serving as a Knight In Shining Armor, must be devoted to a woman, protect her, be a fervent supporter and defender of her, and protect her with an unblemished safeguard.

The Bible says a man must love his wife as Christ loves the church, and to love his wife as he does his own body. A Knight In Shining Armor would do that. He’d die for his cause, his damsel, his wife.

I believe the guy (knight) starts out wanting to do all these things for his bride (damsel). His life.

But all some brides discover is that he isn’t perfect. He’s not shiny at all.

Alack, he’s blemished.

(to be continued)

No comments: